The service of Christian marriage is a joyous occasion and one of the most significant rites that a United Methodist minister conducts. The clergy and staff at FUMCR will assist in making your wedding a memorable and meaningful service and a celebration of the life you begin together as husband and wife.
• Contact Events Coordinator, Hawana Townsley - firstname.lastname@example.org / 972.996.0145 - to check available dates or schedule a wedding.
• After the date has been confirmed, contact Wedding Director, Connie Presley - email@example.com / 972.996.0116 - within 60 days to pay the deposit.
Weddings for members may be scheduled up to one year in advance. For the purpose of this policy "member" means the bride or groom, parents, or grandparents of the bride or groom are members of FUMCR. "Member" also means that you have been a member of FUMCR for a minimum of six months at the time of scheduling.
Non-member weddings can only be scheduled six months prior to the ceremony. We do not schedule non-member weddings during the month of December.
No weddings or rehearsals may be scheduled on holiday weekends or on Sundays.
• The Chapel seats up to 100 and can utilize an organ or grand piano.
• The Sanctuary accommodates 25 - 1300 and has a center aisle, pipe organ and grand piano.
• Coleman Family Hall - The fee for a reception is separate from the wedding fee. Receptions may be scheduled if space is available.
Members of the clergy staff of First United Methodist Church Richardson or other United Methodist clergy shall officiate at all weddings. If a relative or close friend is a minister of another faith, he or she may participate in the service with one of the clergy on our staff.
The Methodist service of marriage will be used for all ceremonies at First United Methodist Church Richardson. The clergy and wedding director will work with the bride and groom to make these services as personal and meaningful as possible.
Pre-marriage counseling is a requirement of all who wish to be married at First United Methodist Church Richardson. All clergy at FUMCR are trained and have experience providing pre-marriage counseling. Couples planning to be married should discuss their arrangements for pre-marriage counseling with the clergy person officiating at their wedding. Such pre-marriage counseling must be completed before the wedding date.