Missions & Outreach
And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” - Matthew 25:40
It's part of our mission and in our DNA:
Serve with Christ
Browse this page as well as the Give+Serve area of the menu to find opportunities to serve with FUMCR that fit your interests and availability.
Join Garden Ministry
Like to garden or want to learn? Our Garden Ministry wants to connect with you!
• Partner with a current Garden Ministry member to water and harvest one morning each week?
• Respond to an email request to help on a work day?
Please consider joining this wonderful group of gardeners as they continue to provide produce to Network of Community Ministries. Contact Lynne Leissler at 214.642.3295 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or get involved.
Their annual fall plant sale will be October 1-10, with pick-up on October 16. When picking up your plant orders, walk the garden, ask questions, and meet some of the members!
Many Faces of Domestic Violence
Sundays, Oct 17 and 24, Shawver Welcome Center
Thur, Oct 28, 6:30-8:30 pm, Ogden Fellowship Hall
All who are interested in learning more about domestic violence and ways we as Christians can faithfully respond are invited to attend.
Priya Murphy, Senior Director of Development at New Friends New Life
John Clifford, Philanthropy Coordinator at Genesis Women's Shelter
Ronnie Morris, Assistant Chief of the Grand Prairie Police Department
Visit FUMCR Church and Society for resource information
Pancake Flip & More
Sat, Oct 30, 7 am - 1 pm
Coleman Family Hall / Patio / Drive-by pick-up to-go
Enjoy all-you-can-eat pancakes plus sausage and breakfast beverages. Gather with your church family, and invite your friends, neighbors, and Saturday morning teammates - the more the merrier!
Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children. They and can be purchased at FUMCR on Sunday mornings (Oct 17 or 24), online, or at the door. Drive-up order pick-up will also be available! Swing by with your tickets, and we'll bring hot pancakes out to your car.
Hosted by the FUMCR CrossWalk Sunday school class. Visit this event on Facebook.
Event proceeds benefit scholarships for children and youth at the Richardson YMCA and H.E.R.O.E.S.
Also that day in Bartula Family Life Center:
• Flu vaccine, Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine, and B-12 injections will be offered from 9 am - 12 noon in room 1D. Bring your insurance card and driver license/photo identification. B-12 is $20. No appointment needed.
• Carter BloodCare will hold a blood drive in room 1E. Make an appointment online.
Sat, Oct 30, 10 am - 3:30 pm, Room 1E (Bartula Family Life Center)
Donate blood to Carter BloodCare and receive a mystery goody bag along with free COVID-19 antibody testing!
International Christmas Market
Experience the Joy of Giving this holiday season!
Fri, Nov 12, 5-9 pm, First Choice Night - $5 entry, hors d'oeuvres
Sat, Nov 13, 10 am - 4 pm
Sun, Nov 14, 8:30 am - 1 pm
Coleman Family Hall
Find special and unique gifts for your loved ones amongst the many fair-trade goods and crafts made by artisans around the world as well as the "shares" of agencies and ministries that serve others. All money spent at the Market goes outside FUMCR to help others provide better lives for themselves and their families.
The International Christmas Market is open to the community, so invite your friends to come with you!
• Bean Soup & Chili Mixes
• Equal Exchange Coffee and Chocolate
• Fair Trade Winds - fair-trade crafts and goods
• Fair & Square Imports - fair-trade crafts and goods
• Marfa Ministry - art prints
• Outreach Uganda - jewelry and bags
• Ark House provides low-cost, fully furnished apartments to persons and their caregivers who come to Dallas area hospitals for long term medical care.
• Clean Water / UMCOR WASH (Water, Hygiene, and Sanitation) provides safe water sources, sanitation facilities, and showers in developing countries where health problems caused by lack of clean water and sanitation affect one in two people.
• Healthy Women Healthy Liberia! offers medical and dental exams, over-night stays, pharmacy, labs and imaging, and education.
• Heifer Project International provides livestock and training that transforms the lives of 23 million hungry and impoverished men, women, and children.
• H.E.R.O.E.S. programs provide therapy, recreation, social development, and vocational training for children and young adults with special needs.
• Kafodzidzi School serves 650 students in Ghana. Shares will support ongoing projects and needs of the school.
• Panama Medical shares will provide supplies, medicines, and vitamins to be distributed during FUMCR medical mission trips.
• Richardson Area Interfaith Habitat provides quality housing for stable, low income families.
• Stovebuilders of Guatemala construct safe, externally vented, concrete block stoves for indigenous women.
• Youth Mission Trips serve others across the U.S. through home & community improvement projects.
• Angel Tree for Wesley Rankin
Honor or remember loved ones while helping to decorate for Christmas with a donation that will go toward beautiful poinsettias.
Donations can be made in $10 increments ONLINE or by using an envelope in the pew back. The deadline is December 12.
Network of Community Ministries
Network of Community Ministries is in need of compassionate and dedicated volunteers to help serve our neighbors in need.
Onsite options: Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, Food Delivery, Mobile Food Pantry, and Toyland Express.
Remote options: data entry, senior companion calls, and utility assistance.
Network welcomes In-kind donations of regularly needed and seasonal items to help serve people in need.
Donations may be brought inside at FUMCR during open hours, or they may be taken to Network any Mon - Thur, 8 am - 4 pm, or Sat, 9 am - 2 pm.
Monetary donations are always welcome.
Network of Community Ministries
New location: 1500 International Parkway, Richardson, TX 75081
thenetwork.org | 972.234.8880
Mon - Thur, 8 am - 4 pm | Saturday, 9 am - 2pm