Advent & Christmas
We invite you to join us during this wonderful season of the year as we remember the birth of a baby so many years ago who continues to influence lives around the world.
Bags are prepared each Advent season as a part of our Homeless Ministry. A list of items to include is inside each totebag and is speciific for MALE and FEMALE recipients. Please follow the list exactly. Do not include other or extra items. Bags will be prepared Monday, Dec 18 for delivery to Dallas area shelters on Dec 19.
Welcome the Season • Sun, Dec 3, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join your friends and family in Coleman Family Hall for a time of Christmas cheer with special music, Soul Purpose Cafe samples, and a setting for holiday photos.
Advent Workshop • Sun, Dec 3, 2-4 pm
Enjoy an afternoon of creating Advent and Christmas crafts as an entire family. Give your crafts as gifts or hang onto them as keepsakes for years to come. There will be crafts for various ages and abilities. Invite your friends to join us as we prepare our hearts for the coming of Christ. $15 per family
Children's Choir Musical • Sun, Dec 10 • 3 pm
Baby Jesus, We Love You • Worship & Arts Center
Joy to the World! • Fri, Dec 15
Concert - 7:30 pm, Sanctuary
Enjoy holiday favorites at this First Inspiration Christmas Concert with the Richardson Symphony Orchestra conducted by Clay Couturiaux, FUMCR Chancel Choir and The Journey Youth Choir.
All seats are general admission. Purchase tickets for early entry at 6:30 ($20) or regular entry at 7:00 ($15). Tickets purchased online will have a $1 service fee added to each one and can be printed at home or shown on a mobile device at the door.
Dinner - 5:30, Coleman Family Hall
Make an already wonderful evening even better by letting the Men of Faith serve you a delicious three course dinner before attending the concert. A mixed green salad followed by an entrée of boneless beef short ribs, mashed potatoes and green beans almandine, finished off by raspberry chocolate cake and coffee will be prepared by talented Men of Faith chefs, Jerry Zimmerman and Scott Furr.
Dinner tickets are $15 per person with proceeds going toward the Bob Moxham Men of Faith Scholarship Fund and other supported missions at FUMCR.
Christmas Hope • Sun, Dec 17, 6 pm
If the holidays are a time of loss, depression, addiction, grief, loss or sadness, this service is for you.
For pastoral care needs that arise during this holiday season, call the church at 972.235.8385 or email , and we will connect you with the help or resources you may need.
Access Modern Worship • 11 am, * 5 pm
Pageant • 4 pm
Traditional Worship • * 11 am, * 6 pm, 8 pm, 10 pm
Candle lighting will be a part of ALL services on Christmas Eve day.
8 and 10 pm services will include communion.
Child care available for 3 years and younger (except 10 pm)
* Live stream fumcrlive.com
Shuttle service continuously beginning at 3:30 pm from Custer Road parking lot
Shares benefit Ark House, Clean Water/Water Wells, Habitat for Humanity, Healthy Women Healthy Liberia, Heifer Project International, H.E.R.O.E.S., Kafodzidzi School, Microfinance Loans, Read With Me, Skuinskloof School, Stovebuilders of Guatemala and Youth Mission Projects.
If you would like cards for your honorees, please contact Mary Collins at 972.996.0101.
Advent/Christmas Eve Offering
The 2017 Advent & Christmas Eve Offering will support the following:
• Karodzidzi Primary and Middle School in Ghana serves several hundred children and is in desperate need of repairs to remain functional. This is the home school of Sam Asmah, FUMCR member and employee.
• Project Transformation utilizes the talents of college students in partnership with United Methodist churches to offer daily activities to children in low income neighborhoods.
• Network of Community Ministries is the emergency social service agency of Richardson assisting Richardson residents with rental and utility help, as well as providing food pantry and clothing closet items.
• Skuinskloof Primary School in South Africa is a ministry of FUMCR. We continue to send work teams to Africa to build and improve facilities at this school.
• Go Camp is a North Texas Conference supported camp experience for children in urban and rural communities who may not have access to summer camps. FUMCR will host one of these camps in 2018. It will be an opportunity for children in our community to have a camp experience that otherwise would not have such an opportunity.
New Year's Eve Day • Sun, Dec 31
*9:45 am - Traditional Worship
*11 am - access Modern Worship
Blessing of the Toys will be included in both services. Child care available for 3 years & younger. No Sunday school for children, youth or adults.
* Live Stream fumcr.com/live